Memories of my dad
He wasn't a hero,
Known by the world.
But a hero he was,
To his little girl.
My daddy was great,
Who knew all things.
And better than Santa,
With the gifts he'd bring.
I knew his voice,
Before I could speak.
And loved it when,
He would sing me to sleep.
He changed my diapers,
And sat up all night.
When my body was weak
And I'd put up a fight.
He'd come home late,
With not much to say.
And made us all kneel,
As he taught me to pray.
He taught me life's lessons,
Of right from wrong.
And instilled in me values,
That I might be strong.
And so through the years,
Like a hero he stood.
Working to give,
All that he could.
His presence was important,
And I loved to see him smile.
For no one in the world,
Could emulate his style.
And so dear Dad,
My best memory to recall.
Is the gift of your love,
The greatest gift of all.
Rebecca D. Cook
I hope all who reads, watches, and listens will get a little glimps of what my Dad was like. The greatest Dad who ever lived.
10 comments:
Char-
What a neat tribute to your dad. We just hit the anniversary of the passing of my dad too. I think we both had pretty neat fathers. I love the poem. Thanks for posting it. It says it all..
Heather
My Sweetheart Chary Sue
You have done it again. A wonderful slide show!!!
What an honor to your Dad. Poem says it well, also. Thank you for the wonderful reminder of the dear and precious things in our lives. He was a wonderful father. He lived for his family and his faith. May we all be better because of him. He loved you and would be proud of you now.
Love ya
MOM
Char,
This slide show is such a good idea. What a tribute, it gave me goosebumps and I never had the honor of even knowing your dad. How are things going for all of you? Remember, if you ever come visit the sunshine, stop by and see if we are here! Things are starting to look up our way...your email about rainbows made me realize to look for the little positive things that are happening amoungst everything else. Thank you for the reminder! Have a great day.
Jennie
To the best Dad in the whole world! We miss you like crazy, and sooo grateful for the amazing legacy you gave us and the impact you have in our lives.
Thanx soo much Char for the awesome slideshow and poem. You ROCK!
I only met your dad once, and he was very sick by then so I never felt like I met the REAL "Uncle Bood." I hope I'll have that chance later b/c he's always sounded like a great guy.
Ok, I saw this a few days ago and I was crying so hard I couldn't leave a comment. I have now thought about it for a few days and all I have to say is THANK YOU Char! Love ya...XOXO
Char you made me cry
What a great tribute to your dad.
Thanks for the cute girft and can't wait to see ya soon.
Love
Amanda
Char, thank you so much for the slide show of pictures of Dad. It's amazing the emotion it stirs and memories it brings to see them. I hope that all the brothers and sisters get a chance to see it. I love you.
Arlyn
char,
we will not be leaving until saturday 4:30pm-ish. so if you want to stop by earlier in the day, we should be here.
jennie wilson
hey, i have heard all this talk about blog stalkers. Scared me, so i changed our blog address to one without our last name. It is bj711.blogspot.com just thought you would want to update it on your list.
Sorry we missed you this last week. We were here til late saturday night, and when i was out running on friday i saw your truck at in laws. I think you drove by me while running, but i didn't catch on it was you or jake until i passed your in laws...that's who i knew had a truck like that from wy! I'm a little slow.
jennie
Post a Comment