Jun 6, 2008
Out With The Shop
The movers stared in April dropping off stuff to move it. They started bracing everything last month. There were 10 or so big steel beams and cables everywhere holding it all together. A week or so before the big move they jacked up the building and put the anchore wheels underneath and hooked up the truck. After they jacked it up they cut off the bottom of the poles so it they wouldn't drag on the ground. We had the highway patrol, the power company and the telephone company out directing traffic and lifting power and telephone lines. The guy that owns the moving company is well in his 80's and his wife drives the truck and she is in her 70's. The power steering went out that morning so she drove the whole way without it. He walked in front with a cane and gave her directions. You can see him in a couple of the pictures. He also sat in the back of a pickup so he didn't have to walk the whole way. All in all it went pretty good. The only loss was a telephone pole that was rotten at the bottom which came down when they let down the line. It looks all open next door now. The neighbor's dogs bark more now that they see the kids out back. Hopefully a fence goes up pretty soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow!! What a huge project. Guess you are changing the inside and the outside of you surroundings. You always improve your place. I hope this is a great help to you and that the fence gets up soon. But then we all know how hard it is to do our own yard when we do it all day, right? Good Luck!! Hope to hear from you about the 4th for sure! Love you all so much.
Grandma Young
Whoa, the shed is gone. That is crazy!! I love that a old guy and his wife did it. That is a motivating thing and makes me look forward to getting older. I can't wait to see what your yard looks like now. I really miss you and I love that I can just go to your blog and see what your up to. love ya!!
Looks like one heck of a project! Are you glad it's gone? or will Jake be missin it?? :) Hey I noticed there aint no snow! How exciting is that?! :) miss ya! Oh and hows the cherries in Leeds? Can I go steal some? :)
You are two of the most productive and hard-working people I know. That is an amazing move. I wasn't sure where the shed was moving to/from, but from the other comments I see that it was from your back yard. Where did it go? We hope to come up and see all you've done to your new house sometime soon. (thanks for commenting on our blog too)
That is impressive! They did that with a 100-plus-year-old house in Cedar City a couple of years ago. It was two stories, so they were having to move power lines and stuff, too.
Post a Comment